Last week, a number of us at EdComs had the pleasure of attending Bett, the go-to education technology trade show at the Excel Centre for any teacher, business or marketer in the education space.
Bett is a huge event that plays host to hundreds of educational suppliers ranging from huge companies like Google and Microsoft, down to smaller start-up businesses making exciting waves in the world of education technology.
As a research and marketing agency, Bett provides us with the perfect opportunity to network with friends old and new and importantly, discover the new and innovative ways education technology is being used to inspire different and impactful ways of teaching and learning in schools.
We’ve compiled a hit list of some of our favourite things from this year’s show:
- Minecraft Education showcasing their education programme that teaches children to code and programme through Minecraft gaming.
- The Duke of York’s Inspiring Enterprise Award – an initiative which prepares children for the digital world with a programme designed to encourage entrepreneurship.
- Google for Education talking about the benefits of Google hangouts connecting children across the world from Alderney to Arkansas enabling them to information share.
- The announcement from Microsoft UK that PowerPoint and other Office apps will now get a built-in dictation function to help students with dyslexia
- The general excitement in the air and palpable passion of what seemed like thousands of education enthusiasts in one space all keen to learn from each other!
Bett 2018 was another fantastic experience and great networking opportunity; we’re already looking forward to next year’s show!